- Write your child's name in the memo section of each check
- Send a deposit slip along with each payment (Download Deposit Slip)
- Fill out the deposit slip completely - list ALL fundraisers and the specific amount for each
- Pay for candy by check or cash currency - no coin will be accepted
- Double check to make sure that all monies turned in are actually in the envelope…and please seal that envelope
Linganore Winery - Festivals
Peg Kase: 240-446-8956
It's that time again! The Linganore Winery Festival Season is fast approaching. Make quota by volunteering your time to work. Parking earns quota of $9.50 per hour and all other positions earn quota of $8 per hour.
2017 Events are:
- April 22 - Bluegrass, Brew & BBQ Fest - Mount Airy, MD
- May 27 & 28 - Caribbean Festival - Mount Airy, MD
- June 24 & 25 - Art Show - Mount Airy, MD
- July 15 & 16 - Reggae Festival - Mount Airy, MD
- August 12 & 13 - Taste of Linganore - Mount Airy, MD
- October 7 & 8 - Autumn Reggae Festival - Mount Airy, MD
Volunteer shift times may vary depending upon area of work. Check the festival schedule for a list of dates and times. Parents are needed to assist with Serving, Parking, and Entrance Tents. Students are needed to assist with Parking and Entrance Tents.
Volunteer shift times vary depending upon area of work:
- Servers (adults) 11am-6pm
- ID Check/Fence Security (adults) 9:45am-5:30pm
- Parking (adults & students) 8:45am-4:30pm
- Admissions (adults & students) 9:45am-5:30pm
- Tour Sign-up (students) 11am-5:30pm
- Ice Tickets (student) 10am-4pm
Linganore Winecellars Volunteer Guidelines
Welcome to the Linganore Winecellars Festival Season. We appreciate those volunteers that are returning again this year, and are looking forward to working with you and new volunteers as well. We work with many Schools / Organizations, giving them the opportunity to raise funds for their groups. In order to do this, we must insist that any ”rivalry” be left at home. Any conflict will risk your group’s opportunity to continue to volunteer with us.
Winery owners have determined that training of volunteers is essential. New/untrained volunteers will not be offered the opportunity to work at any off-site events until they have completed at least two events at Linganore Winecellars. The following is a list of guidelines that we ask all of our volunteers to follow in an effort to make the season a success.
- Dress for the weather, comfortable, casual, but appropriate. Unless you wear a Linganore shirt, we prefer no advertising of businesses, and no offensive wording or pictures on your shirts. You are representing our winery when you volunteer, so please consider the image we wish to portray to our customers.
- Shifts will vary depending upon the festival site, the volunteer position, and the size of the event. You may volunteer all day if there are openings. Be on time for your shift. We rely on your help and if you do not show up for your shift, that leaves us short-handed. If this happens, you may not be permitted to volunteer in the future. Remember, the Festival goes on, rain or shine.
- All volunteers must be signed-up in advance to enter the festival. Call Peg Kase at 301-831-9479 to volunteer.
- Upon arrival, report to the Pavilion and sign in with the lead person. You will be given a wristband to wear for the day. You will then be directed to your station for that day. At the end of your shift, you must sign-out.
- You will be instructed on the tasting and selling of wines for customers. You could be making many transactions but, each transaction must be taken immediately to the cashier. Any holding of cash is considered theft, and you will be dismissed.
- Always be pleasant when addressing the customers and use appropriate language at all times. Be a good listener and answer questions to the best of your knowledge. If you do not know, don’t guess, contact the lead person for assistance. If you are asked to assist a customer to their vehicle with their purchase, inform the lead person, show the receipt at the gate, and return promptly to resume your shift. If you are unable to help a customer, notify the lead person and help will be made available.
- As a volunteer, you are provided with food and drink during your shift. Please be considerate of the amounts you take, as it is there for many volunteers including the entire Parking Staff, all Gate Personnel, Security, and not to mention, the second shift of Servers.
Linganore Band Night at Domino’s - Every other Thursday
- January 5 & 19
- February 2 & 16
- March 2 & 16 & 30
- April 13 & 27
- May 11 & 25
- June 8 & 22
How it works:
Order pizza for delivery or carry out at the Mount Airy or New Market Domino's. (NOTE: this cannot be used with the $7.99 carry out special) When you pay for your pizza, you must turn in the slip at the bottom of the flyer. The flyers are available in the band room and this website. Fill out the slip completely - this is the only way that Domino's can credit the band for your order.
Domino's will donate 15% of every order to the band. This money goes to the general fund. It helps everyone! New uniforms, new equipment, chartered buses, buying down the budget, competition fees - it benefits the whole band!
Thanks for your support! 2017 Flyer (PDF)
For information about subs or orders, contact:
Joanne Doyle: 240-372-0504
Each month, September – May (excluding December), the Band Boosters offer freshly-made Subs for sale. We make 4 types: cold-cut, cold-cut w/onion, turkey, and turkey w/ American cheese. They are foot-longs and are $6 each. No special orders. All subs come with lettuce, tomato, and mayo packets. The lettuce and tomato are packaged separately in baggies so the subs do not get soggy. Cold-cuts also come with an Italian dressing packet. (Download Sub Order Form)
|Order Due Date
Email or call
Joanne Doyle by 4pm
6:00pm – 6:30pm
|You may order subs using the following email address: email@example.com
or call Joanne Doyle @ 240-372-0504
What is sub night?
If you are new to the Band or have never experienced Sub Night, come see what it’s all about!
Quota is earned for each adult and student who comes to help (on-the-job training always available!)
- "Sub Night" begins at 4:00pm in the Cafeteria (on the Pick-up/Delivery dates posted). Both students and parents are welcome and needed, however we must limit help to the first 30 people who show up and sign in. Help for working on subs is on a first-come first-served basis. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate more than 30 people.
- The line for picking up subs begins at 6:00pm and subs must be picked up by 6:30pm
- Sign in when you begin and please sign out when you are no longer working.
- Hands need to be washed and new gloves put on before each new job.
- All trays of food need to be carried by adults.
- If anyone has spare paper bags, we can always use them.
And from the Health Department:
- Hair needs to be kept off the face - this applies to guys as well as girls. If this is a problem, we will give you a hairnet.
- If you are ill or not feeling well, please stay home.
- No dangling jewelry should be worn to Sub Night, as it might fall into the food.
- The LHS Band has earned a reputation over the years for selling fresh, generous, attractive subs. We need everyone’s continued cooperation to maintain that tradition.
Support our organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com! AmazonSmile is the same as Amazon.com except Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases. AmazonSmile is completely private and we do not receive any information of who made a purchase nor what was purchased. Use this link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/52-1122835 or click the "Get started" button below to start shopping with AmazonSmile.
Online Fundraiser (Pepper Fundraising)
Online fundraiser and every order counts! We receive 40% profit on every order! Any order, any size is shipped anywhere in the continental US for $5.
Click Here to View Items
LHS Car Decals & Magnets
Corrine McWilliams: firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-304-0341
Get your very own LHS Car Decal and support the LHS Band! These decals look just like the popular OBX and other beach decals…white with the letters LHS in black and Linganore High School underneath. Only $2.00 per sticker or $5.00 per magnet!